How Personal Information Is Collected and Updated
We may collect information that personally identifies you when you register, when you participate in reviews and other features or when you otherwise communicate with us.
Types of Personal Information Collected
(i) Your name and email address
How Information Is Used and Shared
Communications: We may send you communications about updates, and new services from time to time. If you do not want to receive these communications you can opt out.
Processing Payments: For credit card purchasers, we redirect to the relevant financial institution for online transaction and billing information.
Legal Requirements: Shoppyzip.com reserves the right to disclose your personal information as necessary to:
(1) Comply with the law or comply with legal process served on Shoppyzip.com.
(2) Protect and defend the rights or property of Shoppyzip.com.
(3)Protect the personal safety of other Shoppyzip.com users or the public
(4) To ensure compliance with our Terms & Conditions. Shoppyzip.com co-operates with law enforcement and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property, and other rights, and we reserve the right to report any information related to suspicion of illegal activity to law enforcement for prosecution.
Information about Shoppyzip.com users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of Shoppyzip.com.
Non-personal User Information
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet. When you request pages from Shoppyzip.com, our servers log your computer's IP address. Shoppyzip.com collects these IP addresses for the sole purpose of identifying our users' service providers (whether yahoo, hotmail, Gmail etc.) so we can better develop our offerings at the Shoppyzip.com. We do not automatically link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, however we can and will use IP addresses to identify users when we feel it is necessary to:
(1) Comply with the law or comply with legal process served on Shoppyzip.com
(2) Protect and defend the rights or property of Shoppyzip.com
(3) Protect the personal safety of other Shoppyzip.com users or the public
(4) To ensure compliance with our Terms & Conditions.
A cookie is a small packet of information that we place on your computer's hard drive whenever you visit the Shoppyzip.com. For each user, our web server automatically recognizes the following:
We do not store in cookies any passwords or credit card information, any information that personally identifies you.
Compliance with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011
2. We collect your information for a lawful purpose connected with the successful conduct of our business for which such collection of information is necessary.
3. We do not retain your information for longer than is required for the purposes for which we collected the information.
4. We use collected information for the purpose for which it was collected and for nothing else.
5. If you have provided us information that is inaccurate or incomplete and want the same to be corrected or updated, please let us know in writing and we shall do the needful to the extent the same is feasible.
6. Your information is secure with us as we have robust security practices and standards at par with industry standards.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Privacy
What You Disclose: Please take appropriate precautions not to reveal your personal information while interacting with other users on Shoppyzip.com. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online
Passwords:Your access to your account is password-protected and only you are authorized to access it and view the information relevant to the account. You agree not to share your passwords with anyone. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords. You agree to sign off from the Shoppyzip.com and close your Internet browser window when you have finished accessing and using any website.
No Guarantee of Security. No data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Shoppyzip.com does not ensure or warrant the security of any personal or other information you transmit to us including without limitation via the Shoppyzip.com.
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
Children: Minors under the age of 18 may not use the website. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of 18, and no part of the website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. Shoppyzip.com does not sell products for purchase by children. In certain instances, we sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Shoppyzip.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Public Areas:We may provide areas on our website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others, or can review products and submit media content. This information may be accessible by other consumers or companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a product review, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information.